Would you like to join our association? We break up membership into two categories. We have listed basic information for each along with a link to apply. If you have any questions please hop back over to the home page and connect with any of our Board of Directors. Additionally, we have listed participating Member Hospitals.
Our meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month at 2:00pm. Elected officers serve a two-year term. Membership dues are collected annually from members as well as institutional members that support the health care recruitment community.
Health Care Membership
Applicant for membership must be employed by a greater Kansas City area acute care hospital or medical center, or a member of the armed forces. Current hospital membership in the Greater Kansas City Health Council is preferred. The applicant must be currently engaged in management level, or be responsible for operation of some level of recognized healthcare recruitment program in that facility, or be a representative of the armed forces recruiting allied health professionals. With regards to hospital systems, each individual hospital must apply for membership and pay dues.
Membership dues are $100.00 per year, which covers January 1st to December 31st. Applications should be submitted to the Treasurer of KCAHCRA.
Institutional membership may be granted to organizations that provide recruitment related services or products and are interested in supporting the goals and furthering the development and growth of KCAHCRA. Institutional members are eligible to attend the monthly meetings, able to sponsor one meeting a year and participate in committees. Institutional members are ineligible to vote as a member or hold any office in the association.
Membership dues are $300.00 per year (January 1st – December 31st). Memberships paid after October 1st will be grandfathered into the following fiscal year.
Active Member Hospitals
Children’s Mercy Hospital
Children's Mercy continues transforming children's lives and redefining pediatric medicine.
We are the only free-standing children's hospital between St. Louis and Denver and provide comprehensive care for patients from birth to 21. Children's Mercy consistently is ranked among the leading children's hospitals in the nation. We were the first hospital in Missouri or Kansas to earn the prestigious Magnet designation for excellence in patient care from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Medical staff of more than 750 pediatric specialists
- More than 40 pediatric specialties
- First hospital in Missouri or Kansas to receive Magnet designation in 2003 from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for superior nursing quality
- First hospital in the region to receive redesignation in 2007 and again in 2012
- Affiliation with University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
- Principal teaching hospital for The University of Kansas Medical Center
- More than 400 medical students each year.
- 60 doctors take part yearly in our fellowship programs
- Home of the nation’s first Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Nursing students from dozens of schools in the Kansas City area receive training at Children’s Mercy